Meetings & Groups
Whether it's a meeting or conference for 10 to 1,200 or a leisure group outing, Tallahassee provides historic, cultural and natural backdrops found nowhere else in Florida.
Meetings & Conventions Director
Direct: (850) 606-2320
Tallahassee offers a distinctive collection of historical sites, heritage and cultural attractions, outdoor activities and dining options not found elsewhere in North Florida or the Southeastern U.S. Combined with its natural beauty and rolling hills, Florida's Capital City makes a unique statement and destination for group travel or special gatherings like that once-in-a-lifetime wedding or memorable reunion. When organizing a group activity of any size, our staff assists you with all aspects of your trip - from assisting with securing lodging, group dining, places to visit and activities that match your group's interests.
The Leon County Division of Tourism (Visit Tallahassee) annually funds groups and organizations that coordinate events with a history of or significant potential for attracting visitors to the area who stay overnight and use commercial lodging.
The Special Event Grant Program is administered by the Leon County Tourist Development Council and designated advisory groups including the Special Event Grant Committee and the Tallahassee Sports Council. If you have an event here or interested in relocating an event, review the application and eligibility requirements.
A “special event” is defined as a new or existing, organized sporting event, concert, exhibition, festival, fair, conference or celebration conducted according to a pre-arranged schedule and of interest to the general public. Public interest should extend to both Leon County residents and those living outside the county.
2017-18 grant applications are being accepted May 1 - Aug 7, 2017.
Organizations hosting events that bring overnight visitors to the community from Oct. 1, 2017 - Sept. 30, 2018 are eligible to apply.
Grant Workshops: Learn more about applying for grants and instructions on completing the application attend a workshop June 14 or July 19 from 3-5 PM at the Downtown Library, 200 West Park Avenue.
- Sports Grant Policies and Sample Application (pdf)
- Special Event Grant Policies and Sample Application (pdf)
- Signature Event Policies & Sample Application (pdf)
- Visitor Tracking Form (Visitor Tracking Form.pdf)
- Visitor Tracking Survey (pdf)
- Event Marketing/Promotional Tool Kit (pdf)
- Logos for Grant Applicants
For assistance or questions regarding the grant program, contact:
- Special Events – Aundra Bryant, Aundra.Bryant@VisitTallahassee.com or 850-606-2311
- Sports Events – Amanda Heidecker, Amanda.Heidecker@VisitTallahassee.com or 850-606-2317
- Sports & Signature Events – Joseph Pitrowski, Joseph.Piotrowski@VisitTallahassee.com or 850-606-2313
- For information on all grant funding available in Leon County and Tallahassee go to http://LeonCountyTallahasseeGrants.com.
The success of your event depends primarily on pre-planning. We serve as your concierge and address all the details, customizing the experience to assure a successful and memorable event.
Lodging, Attractions & Dining
We contact lodging properties that match your criteria and coordinate site inspections. Our sales staff can provide sample itineraries and arrange a variety of entertainment and attraction options.
We offer complimentary welcome bags that include Tallahassee area information, maps and selected brochures based on the interest of your attendees. The Visitor Guide contains a complete list of area attractions, restaurants, entertainment options and detailed information about the area.
Visit Tallahassee offers a variety of high resolution, digital, color images for invitations, newsletters, conference brochures or other needs.
Transportation Funds for Meetings and Conventions & Special Events Grants
The Leon County Tourist Development Council allocates money to assist with transporting meeting or conference attendees from area hotels to local public venues.
- Transportation Fund Policy
- Transportation Fund Application
- Transportation Fund Post Event Report
- Special Events Grants
If you have any questions regarding the Transportation grant program, please contact Janet Roach Janet.Roach@VisitTallahassee.com or call – (850) 606-2320.
Tallahassee has a variety of meeting/event venues for groups of 10 - 1,200 people. From the FSU Conference Center with 47,000 square feet of state of the art meeting space to conference hotels including a roof-top ballroom overlooking downtown. There are even unique attractions with meeting facilities that offer built-in history lessons. Surveys show that Tallahassee’s beauty and friendly people rank high among the impressions left on visitors. A commitment to service runs deep here for groups of all sizes. In fact, small groups are big business in Tallahassee. There are several reasons for choosing Tallahassee for your next meeting. Here are 10. For a complete listing of Tallahassee venues download our Meeting & Event Planner’s Guide.
Where else but Tallahassee can you find a collection of Batmobiles, a historic landmark famous for its smoked sausage and grits, a spot on the National Blues Trail and a restaurant that fixes hot dogs 10,230 ways. Tallahassee makes a lasting impression on groups, from the thrill of walking the grounds of a reconstructed 17th Century Spanish Colonial Mission one minute to peering into outer space the next. Indoors or out, Tallahassee offers adventures and activities found nowhere else in Florida.
Popular Attractions With Complimentary Motor Coach Parking:
• Mission San Luis - Parking on site
• Tallahassee Museum - Parking on site
• Historic Capitol and New Capitol - Parking at New Capitol
• Museum of Florida History - Parking at New Capitol
• Challenger Learning Center, IMAX Theatre and Planetarium - Parking at New Capitol
• Wakulla Springs - Parking on site
• FSU Flying High Circus - Parking on site
• Tallahassee Automobile Museum - Parking on site
• Bradley’s 1927 Country Store - Parking on site
• Goodwood Museum and Gardens - Parking on site
• Governor’s Mansion - Parking on site
• John G. Riley Museum of African American History and Culture - Parking on site
There are many specialty service providers to ensure a successful meeting or event in Florida’s Capital City. From centerpieces to catering to copying and more, local professionals are ready to provide their expertise. The list below provides a search by business name and the categories at the upper right provide a search by type of services offered.
Located just 25 miles from the Gulf of Mexico and 14 miles south of Georgia, Tallahassee is situated in the Florida Panhandle, with convenient access provided by four major highways - I-10, US 27, US 319 and US 90. The Tallahassee International Airport offers service from major airline carriers, a private charter airport and several rental car companies.